The hustle and bustle of the holidays combined with the stress of finding the perfect gifts, planning the perfect meal and attending every holiday event can really take the joy out of the season. An easy (and meaningful!) way to get back to what the holidays are really supposed to be about is to volunteer. Giving your time and talents to an organization that means a lot to you is a win-win for everyone. Here are some of our favorite organizations to volunteer at in Tehachapi this holiday season!
- Tehachapi Valley Recreation & Park District: Protect what you love! The Park District has a lot of ways to volunteer including trail cleanup and landscape maintenance. Learn more and sign up here: https://bit.ly/2G4SwtT
- Have a heart for animals? Marley’s Mutts Dog Rescue is striving to make all dog shelters in Kern County “no-kill”. They rescue, rehabilitate, train and re-home dogs that need it most. Volunteer or donate items to their ranch. Sign up to volunteer and see their wish list here: https://bit.ly/2FYhACK
- The Mission at Kern County provides shelter, food, clothing and support to our neighbors who need help. You can volunteer at The Mission, donate items, or create a Care Kit to distribute to those who are living on the street. Find out more here: https://bit.ly/2Qd4Ug5
- Did you know that you can volunteer to transport and/or care for sick and injured birds? The Pacific Waterfowl Rescue needs volunteers to help rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming domestic ducks and geese. You can even adopt one! Find out more here: https://bit.ly/2Pk6kQJ
- The Family Life Pregnancy Center of Tehachapi trains volunteers year round to help those in our community who need support when facing a pregnancy. Learn more about what they do here: http://familylifepc.org/
Know of some more awesome ways to give back this season? Comment below and let us know!