If you’re hosting a backyard BBQ this summer (4th of July, anyone?) make it easier on yourself with 10 of the BEST summer entertaining hacks!
- Save space on your stovetop (and cook enough corn for a crowd) by cooking your corn in a cooler! Check out the super easy instructions here.
- Keep your kitchen from piling up with dirty dishes by giving your guests a clearly marked “dirty dish bin” to leave their used utensils, plates and cups. A wheelbarrow is a great spot for dirty dishes.
- Attach a bottle opener to your drink tub or cooler to make it easy for your guests to find.
- Set up a drink station to ensure that your guests can serve themselves.
- Speaking of “stations”, create a sunscreen and bug spray station to keep your guests comfortable and protected throughout the day.
- Serving ice cream cones to kids? Drop a mini marshmallow into the bottom of the cone to keep it from leaking all over their little hands!
- Keep the bugs out by using large glass jars with lids to serve your salads and fruit.
- Make sure you have adequate shade for your guests to escape the sun! Set up umbrellas, screened in tents or shade sails to give everyone some relief from the heat.
- Have enough fun activities for kids to keep them busy! The adults at your party will thank you! Need some easy ideas? Check this out!
- Have some clean blankets in a basket for your guests to grab when the sun goes down and the air gets cool.
Do you have any entertaining tricks? We want to hear them! Comment below and let us know!